Saturday, August 27, 2011

Weekends are for harvesting lavender

Photobucket

Lavender smells remind me of freshly cleaned linens blowing in the breeze on the clothesline.  It's the scent that I turn to everytime I want to relax and unwind from the day.  It's the scent that I frequently put in sachets that are secretly tucked away into all of our drawers.

In a small corner of our front garden, our lavender bush sits quietly and blooms beautifully every year producing a beautiful aroma of fragrant buds.

May all your wanderings this weekend be a sweet aroma to Him who created us. . .

Ephesians 5:2     
     Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.   

2 comments:

Renee Lindsay said...

Have you tried lavender lemonade? It's really good. Take about a cup of water and sugar to taste (if you're making fresh lemonade, you'll need more sugar). I usually use about 1/4 cup. Bring the water and sugar to a boil. Take it off the heat and add the lavender. Let it steep until it cools. Strain it and add to your lemonade.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love lavender! I haven't had the best of luck planting it here in my growing zone and have tried many different varieties. I finally found one that grows very well and now I just need to make sure I buy the same type next spring! :)
I clean the house with Mrs. Meyers Lavender scent and the children asked me to try a different "smell". We used the basil for a while which wasn't bad, but I ended up going back to my lovely lavender!
Enjoy your week.
JMJ,
Laura