Thursday, March 22, 2012

:: Right now. . .

Right now, I am...
:: watching "Love it or List it" and I've decided they should love it.
:: enjoying using my new laptop, my birthday present from the General Manager.

:: working on lessons plans for the week. . . we are in the midst of studying the Civil War.

:: feeling so blessed that I have such a wonderful family . . . my birthday was very special.
Ten Vegetables to Grow in Shade   1.Salad Greens, such as leaf lettuce, arugula, endive, cress, and radicchio   2.Broccoli   3.Cauliflower   4.Peas   5.Beets   6.Brussels Sprouts   7.Radishes   8.Swiss Chard   9.Leafy Greens, such as collards, mustard greens, spinach, and kale   10.Beans
:: harvesting, our fresh lettuce, spinach and chard from the cold frame that produced all winter long.
Pinned Image
:: waiting for our baby chicks to arrive next weekend

:: sneaking sewing moments with our rainy, cold days has been easy these days.  I love these new dishcloths.

:: enjoying homemade granola

:: planning our  trip to my mother's house next month.  I've been told that we can swim in the pool at the hotel. . here's hoping that the weather is warm because the pool is outdoors.
Pinned Image
:: thinking that I need to start my seedlings soon.

:: grateful for  homeschooling moments like these.  A fun afternoon of looking at the relative size of each planet.



:: trying many meatless meals.  This vegetable stew was very yummy over rice, just not a favorite of the kids.

:: anticipating our trip to Palmdale this summer for our oldest daughter's wedding.  I'm looking forward to the festivities,but trying to find a dress has been a challenge 
:: learning about "whole foods" and how to feed my family better, more nutritious foods. .  . it is all new to me - I have so much to learn and change in our diet, it is mind boggling.
:: wanting to add Feeding the Whole Family to my amazon book list
:: feeling grateful, waking up to a snuggly boy and the snow covered hills behind our home.  Sometimes I truly miss our snow filled days when we were living in the Midwest.
:: wondering what God has in store for the rest of this year for our family.

:: hoping your day is a lovely one, friends.

1 comment:

donna said...

Thanks for the idea about the dishcloths. I will have to give that a try. Your veggie stew looks good. Enjoy your day and God bless.