* a growing garden, due solely to my amazing husband who moved raised beds, trapped gophers with George, tilled under all of our existing compost and planted an amazing amount of flowers, bulbs and seeds (I am so sorry that all of your gladiolas came up burgundy, but they are gorgeous!)
* a birthday celebration with our little man, George, who turned six this year
* a special visit from my Mom on her birthday. We got to treat her to a birthday dinner, in which the kids absolutely loved having the food cooked right in front of them and flipped into their mouths (well, no one actually caught any pieces, but they did give it a good try)
* the most restful and relaxing four day vacation that I have ever been on.....at the Grey Eagle Lodge in Grey Eagle, California.. . . . did I mention they cooked us breakfast and dinner at the lodge and that I didn't have to do dishes once? My body still goes numb thinking about how my kids loved swimming in 45 degree mountain snow water while there, but they did have the best swimming hole I've seen in a long time. Even though my ankle was under wraps that didn't stop Dad and the kids from taking a couple of hikes up the mountain side and getting ice cream in town not once but twice! Even better was that we got a few moments to meet up with our second oldest daughter and her family and meet our newest grandson Grayson. He was a favorite among all that got to hold him.
* Fourth of July celebration in our town is a big thing and this year our chickens were featured at the Chicken Pooping Bingo contest on Main Street. Coupled with a parade, a rather large fire, smores and fireworks, the day couldn't have been better.
How is your summer going?