* New flowers blooming, buds on some and little plants emerging from the ground (which I seriously thought I killed last fall)
* Really green grass from much of the rain we've seen here on the coast.
* Overwintered cauliflower (who would have thought that could happen to me?)
* Some quilting projects from the winter season.
This one is from Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilts. These are the first two blocks in 12 total blocks-of-the-month for 2014. The fabric I chose is called Homestead Gatherings from Moda. I absolutely love the primitiveness (is that actually a word?) of the fabric and think it will work well in any of the rooms in my house.
Another quilt for a special little granddaughter of a friend.
This quilt is for Lindsay. It still needs two borders. The fabric is in the mail (Somehow, my children thinnk I receive too much fabric in the mail, so I have been currently banned from ordering anymore fabric) and since the sun was shining and the wind wasn't blowing I just knew I needed to snap a picture. The fabric I used for this quilt is called Floral Gatherings by Moda.
* A new swing set for the farm kids built by their grandfather, stained by their grandmother and installed by their father - if this swing set looks massive to you, it's because it is!
* Pregnant momma goat due June 10th - we are very anxious and thrilled to begin this new adventure in homestead living. Raising animals has not been an easy road for us. But, with each experience we've learned something valuable. Our kids will thank us one day for teaching them responsibility, accountability and compassion for animals. We have many conversations about how these animals depend on us for their survival. It is good training for when they all have children of their own one day.
So how is your spring time going?