Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Little Behind the Times

Barn # 7 is finally finished and up on the wall.  Being quite the critic, I noticed one of my pin wheels did not line up. . .  you can probably even see it in the picture.  After piecing together these tiny 2 1/2 inch pin wheel squares, I decided that it wasn't worth tearing out and re-doing it.  Here's hoping when I have it quilted the stitching will hide my error.


We are packing for a trip out to Yosemite National Park this week.  We are meeting up with friends from Florida who are on a month long cross country journey this summer.  Hannah is about bouncing out of her skin with excitement to see her best friend Carolyn.  If I had a nickel for everytime one of the kids has asked if we are leaving, I'd be a millionaire!  I love having happy children anxious for family time.

Our first stop tomorrow will be Pier 39 in San Francisco so that the General Manager can get a bowl of clam chowder and fish and chips for lunch.  We will not forget to get our National Park Passport stamped on our journey.

I almost have barn #8 complete, but I had to stop sewing to prepare for the trip.  If I could take my sewing machine along, I probably would. .  . alas, I must wait until we return.

Have a blessed weekend.
Michelle

1 comment:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

I think the barn looks great and you'll never notice anything once the whole thing is done! :)
Have fun...especially you, Hannah!