Monday, January 23, 2012

Burlap Table Runner

source:  Country Living

I saw this and dreamed of the look on my table.  So, one evening, when my father sent a couple of yards of burlap home with my husband I got creative and this is what I created. . .

It is not to the exact image above, especially since one of the girls just pointed out while looking over my shoulder, "Mom, there is sugar on the table and George's booster seat on the chair," but then we all know I traded the "Beautiful Home" magazine look years ago for finger-print stained walls, sipee cups, loads and loads of laundry and smooshed down sofa cushions (from years of kids jumping on them) for my precious peas and I wouldn't change a thing.  I can add in little pieces of "Beautiful" in my home and that's the key word that I choose to embrace - "Home."  Through all the chaos - my home is PEACE for me.

Here is the best news of all - you can have one of these beautiful table runners because I created two and put one in my etsy shop * see the side bar for the link *.   and I promise there will be no peanut butter finger prints on your table runner!

May your day be blessed!
Michelle

2 comments:

donna said...

I absolutely LOVE your table! Beautiful. We have thought about going with a bench on one side and chairs on the other. I think it looks very nice. Enjoy your day and God bless.

hollie said...

so cute! great job Michelle!